_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Hanriot hangar queen
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 09:41 AM UTC
It's time I got down to finishing this one.

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 01:26 PM UTC
Go Jessica go!
olgerd83
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 40 posts
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 - 02:17 AM UTC
Nice work, Jessica, but the main landing gear is not correct, maybe you should remake it until it's not late?

photo upload
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 - 03:45 AM UTC
It's already too late. The position error was caused by the fact that I had to scratchbuild one of the struts to replace the one the carpet monster got. I didn't quite get the strut attachment level which forced the spreader bar off square. I didn't catch it until after the superglue was set

I'm so tired of this one cluttering up my workbench that I'm just going to barge ahead and finish the beast. It'll sit at the back of the shelf and look ornamental. I won't tell anyone if you won't. I also won't mention the backwards rudder stripes either.

This whole kit is an exercise in rigging anyway; I'm trying out the wire loop and stetched Q-tip turnbuckle technique on it, so I don't really care about niggling little accuracy questions on a cheapie throwaway kit.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 12:04 PM UTC
Decals on

Getting started with the rigging

That glob of glue is going to be fun to repair
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hi Jessica ,

I recall this build over on the Aerodrome a few moons back . Was wondering what became of it . So far she is shaping up very nice , even though she has been fighting you every step of the way the finish line is close in hand . Looking forward to seeing how the rigging turns out , will this be your first time trying out the wire hoop and q-tip method ?

Terri
GWA

PS , here is my build of this aircraft
Feature here.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 03:34 AM UTC
I'm not going to use the Q-tips only because I have a supply of Hypotube that I acquired when I worked for a company that makes Angioplasty catheters. All I need to do is cut it into convenient little lengths. Here's the first landing wire:

Next will come the trimming and tidying up of loose ends
Getting the invisible thread into those tiny little tubes is quite nerve wracking. I'm going to space it out a bit so I don't overstress and ruin something.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 05:45 PM UTC
The Hanriot's nearly done. I just have to wait until the glue is fully cured on the control horns before I glue the control wires, and then go around the whole airplane with the touch-up paint and final little bits of finishing.

The interplane rigging was a tense, fiddly job. I'm glad it's over.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 07:48 PM UTC
Congrats Ms. Jessica!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 09:04 AM UTC
This one's as done as it's going to get. It's not as nice as I'd have liked to get it, but I'm not going to fuss about with it anymore.

Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 12:58 AM UTC
Hello Jessie C:

For all the foibles and lack of motivation, I think it turned out nice. I have this kit in the stash and every so often I look at it, open it up and then put it back. It is an attractive airplane with a neat scheme, it is notewhorthy in that you finished it and it looks nice. Good Job!

Best
Mark
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 08:21 AM UTC
Apart from the difficulty I had with the struts and a couple of self-imposed blunders it's a really nice little kit. I had to open up the tail end of the fuselage because Eduard made it solid, but apart from that and a tiny bit of detail inside the cockpit it's right out of the box. It's a kit which rewards careful work.
DougN1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 409 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 - 12:34 PM UTC
I think it looks great. I've always found that no matter how bad it may seem they look when building, they always end up looking good when they are finished and on the display shelf

Doug
 _GOTOTOP