_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Storyboarding Dioramas,the history of...
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 8,227 posts
AeroScale: 3,915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 12:50 AM UTC
I have researched the history of the term "Storyboard Diorama."The first mention of it was in Ken Hamilton's book "How to Build Creative Dioramas."in 2001.I picked up on the idea from him but added the Disney idea of telling the picture story in a certain sequence.It is a good feeling to have added something new to our hobby. Museums are especially interested now as it fits right into their new role of viewer interaction.My hope is that other modelers will pick up on this especially those who are interested in having their works having a chance to survive beyond their own lifetimes to be enjoyed by future generations.
I plan to write an online book someday about all of this.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hai,

I have followed your storyboard diorama posts with much interest and the idea that this would all become available in a book is quite interesting.

in the meantime, would yuo consider writing a feature (or a set of features around the same topic) on aeroscale?

My reason for askign is that I regret already for a long time that excellent information in the forums gets lost over time under heaps of more recent posts and a feature article seems much more time proof.

and it could be good training for that book of yours
dolly15
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 8,227 posts
AeroScale: 3,915 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 11:50 PM UTC
Hi I will keep it in mind when I am finished my present commitment to the museum.Thank you for your suggestion. Cheers! John.
 _GOTOTOP