_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
WIP - 1/35 SOAR BlackHawk
Epi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
AeroScale: 55 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 05:30 PM UTC
Thanks to Gino(HeavyArty) and my lovely wife, I finelly get to build a 160th SOAR BlackHawk. Photo etch, Everbreen and Plastistruct, and lots of reference is going into this project. Why I say thanks to Gino, well, he sold me some olive drab decals for my bird. And my wife, well, she just let me spend money.
With out futher adew, here are some WIP pictures:

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 08:49 PM UTC
Very nice so far, Pete. Great job on the roof and sidewalls. Kep up the good work.
valholm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oslo, Norway
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 - 12:59 AM UTC
Very nice work done so far IMHO. WIll store this and follow your build onwards.

Ed
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 03:02 AM UTC
For your reading and viewing pleasure, I have cross-posted from the Armor Forum Pete's latest update. It is coming along really great.

From Sunday, 2 Sep 12, 2:40 AM
2nd installment of pictures tonight guys. This time I added some paint to the interior. It's only the first coat. I still have a lot of other details to add before I can start weathering. I have to add the rescue winch control box to the right side by the door, some more wiring and cables under the gunners and crew chief windows, static discharge rods, and fire extinguishers.

From Monday, 3 Sep 12, 1:30 AM
...forgot to mention that I am using the MH-60G interior and exterior photo etch sets. The interior set comes with pre-painted instruments and seat belts. And yes, I used placards I had left over from other photo etch sets.

I got the roof and cockpit weathered up for now. I will have some more to do, but for now, I will shoot a couple of pics in the morning of what I have done.
Epi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 06:07 AM UTC
Thanks Gino, didn't even think about doing this.
Epi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 09:42 AM UTC
Well, last night I did some weathering on the roof of the cockpit and the cockpit and cargo area itself. I added a green and yellow bungee cord to the roof of the interior cargo area. I will probably add more to the interior as I go along, but for now, it is done. Now to work on the interior walls. Oh yea, I still need to work on the crew chief and gunners seats and add them.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:11 PM UTC
The interior is looking great Pete. The weathering is spot on. Can't wait to see the rest of it. Great job.
Epi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2012 - 06:34 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the comments.

@ Matt,
Those are fuel tanks. The kit is very simplified. I will post the picture I useed for reference as long as I can remember where I got it from to give credit.

Here is what I worked on tonight, not much but a definate improvement to the interior. The first picture is the start of the two fire extinguisher located on the crew chief and door gunners windows. The next two picks are of what I believe is to be the winch control.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 04:48 PM UTC
Looking good Pete. The hoist control box looks spot on.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 - 04:12 PM UTC
Latest update cross-posted from Armorama.

Posted Friday, September 14, 2012 - 8:40 AM EDT

Well, got a lot of work done on my BlackHawk. I finished the interior, but I still need to add some gear and stuff. As you can see, I also managed to close up the fuselage halves and started adding the exterior photo etch.

Questions are always welcomed.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 - 04:14 PM UTC
Looking awesome Pete. The interior looks great. I like the coloring and little bits like the bungees.

One possible issue I see though. Is it going to be a DAP? If so, you should have used the shorter, single-point ESSS wings. The US Army doesn't use the dual-point ESSS on DAPS since they become overloaded and effect flight characteristics negatively. The only time the dual-point ESSS wings are used is with the 240 gal external fuel tanks on the outside hard-points.
Epi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 03:02 PM UTC
I changed the ESSS wings, I will post new pics tomorrow after I finish a review I need to turn in over on Armor side of the house.
 _GOTOTOP