_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Am looking for suggestions on this
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 04:27 PM UTC
While I never was much of a fan of the FW190, I found an aftermarket accessory which would help me build a version of this which would be a change in that attitude.

I found, elsewhere, a resin accessory, in 1/48, to build the FW190TL. This was a proposed turbine-powered version of the Butcherbird, which amounted to nothing more than removing the radial of an A model 190, and replacing that with a turbine engine in the nose, with the efflux exhausting over the entire fuselage, including the canopy area(which would have resulted in some interesting pilot remarks).

There is a side view cutaway of the 190TL in my copy of Jet Planes of the 3rd Reich.

As this was simply a proposal, a paper plane project, and that there never was an actual prototype constructed, a paint scheme was not in existence.

So, I'm asking if anyone might have a suggestion or two in which direction I should go. Galland's jet squadron, or something a bit further off the beaten path?

The concept behind this is similar to another "what if" project, a DO217W(or DO217G, depending upon which team was doing the proposal), which was a proposed float equipped DO217 that I've been kicking around. This was a proposal for a torpedo bomber that was to operate in either the Mediterranean, or the Northern Atlantic, but never went beyond the paper stage. As the 217 was similar in dimensions and weight as the HE115, I'm using the floats from one, and it is in 1/72 scale(I prefer 1/48, but there is no 115 in that scale). The paint scheme is to be of a fictional 217 in a squadron which flew 115s.
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 07:45 PM UTC
This is completely outside my area of interest, but I think the articles here on Aeroscale by Peter Allen might be of help: see a list of his articles in his profile.
 _GOTOTOP