_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Progress on my WoW Harrier
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 04:20 PM UTC
Well, it was a pretty busy weekend. Had been away from my Harrier for some time, thanks to both an attack of virus fever, as well as a sense of deja-vu towards modelling(dunno why!). Somehow, got over both, and got back to work on my Harrier over the weekend.

In a nutshell, here's a summary of my activities:
1. Finished designing the decals in MS Powerpoint(yep, you heard that right !! Printout pending, will have that done in the next few days.
2. Finished off the complete cockpit. Had got the resin set from Neomega, and painted up the ejection seat, the cockpit tub, the instrument panel, and the side panels. Took me a solid 6 hours to get it done.
3. The wheel wells look kinda empty in the Tamiya set. The front nose wheel well is absolutely hideous, and you can see all the way up into the seat!
Added some stuff into the wheel wells, such as :
a. Covered off the front wheel well with styrene.
b. For the middle and rear fuselage well, added strips of styrene to simulate the well
fuselage panels ribbing.

Still have plenty of surgery to be done before I can mate up the fuse halves.
a. The front coaming needs to be added.
b. Need to carve out the front HUD area to accomodate the instrument panel and the coaming.
c. Ribbing needs to be added to the base of the styrene sheet.

Hope to get these finished, and done by tonite.

BTW, sorry not to have posted any pics. My dial-up Net connection at home is giving problems, and I can't upload from the office. Will so so tonite...

Cheers,
BP.
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:48 AM UTC
Okey Dokey folks, sorry for the delay. Here is the image of the cockpit tub and ejection seat in all its glory....

More pics illustrating my progress are available at this link:
Webshots Progress Pics

Cheers,
BP.
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:30 AM UTC
Looking great BP you off to a great start. Looking foward to seeing more as this beauty progresses.
Paul
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:22 PM UTC
Hi BP

The "office" is looking very tasty :-)

You've certainly got quite a list of improvements on your plate - this should be a spectacular Harrier! :-)

All the best

Rowan
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 04:06 PM UTC
HI folks,

Had planned quite a bit on my Harrier over the weekend, but was able to get only the rescribing out of the way. Here's the current status so far..

The black lines are pencil lines drawn in as references for the scribing. The lines came out exactly in the same pattern. Used a Verlinden scribing template to achieve results.

BTW, I did not have a reference for the Sea Harrier, so I used the kit lines as-is. If anybody does have a good 3-view diagram of the Sea Harrier's panel lines, I'd appreciate it if you could send me an email at [email protected]. Still have the main fuselage and underside to go, so it would be of help...

Will try and get the rest out of the way over the coming week..Like a boarding ladder, jet intake covers, the top nav beacon and wingtip lights(all to be scratchbuilt :-)).

Cheers,
BP.
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:56 AM UTC
This may not be the Sea Harrier but I guess this 3d model could help. I haven't checked it for myself since I cannot preview the file. http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/av-8.htm
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 03:52 PM UTC
Hi folks,

have started a thread on the RRB. Will be posting my pics there from now on.

Here's the link:
Harrier RRB Link
 _GOTOTOP