Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/72 scale Focke-Wulf 190A
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 12:49 PM UTC
Well, over this past weekend I finished an Academy kit, a Focke-Wulf 190A-8. I didn't use the decals which came with the model kit; instead I used some Cartograph decals for a FW-190A which I had a couple of from kits I had not finished. I like the colors on this build; I used RLM 82 and RLM 81 on the top of the wings and the stabilizers; of course standard RLM 76 on the sides of the fuselage and undersides. I mottled lightly with RLM 81 on the fuselage and tail as well. I think it turned out reasonably well, was a quick and fun build. I hope you enjoy looking at it. Russell

P.S. I guess I am back to WWII aircraft again, after a brief foray into the world of "modern" jets. If there is reincarnation then I must be a returned flyer from the period. The question is from which side? LOL
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 10:56 AM UTC
A couple shots of the FW on the new base I made for it. Enjoy. Russell

matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 12:53 PM UTC
Nice model and base!

Matrixone
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 - 01:53 PM UTC
Thank you Les for your kind words! I enjoyed building this, an Academy kit, reasonably priced; plus I lucked out and had some Cartograph decals for FW's in my collection which I used instead of the kit decals. Thanks again, Russell
 _GOTOTOP