_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Afterburner Decals Closing
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 09:16 AM UTC
Hi folks. I just got message from Scott at Afternurner Decals on Facebook that he will be closing down as of December 31, a very sad day that will be !
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 09:57 PM UTC
Hi Damian

That is really sad news! Scott's are truly some of the best produced decals I've ever come across.

All the best

Rowan
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 11:02 PM UTC
ok, for those of you who aren't Facebookers (precious few I suspect), here is what Scott posted on Friday December 14, at 2.19PM:

Quoted Text

"Well, it's a sad day here. As of Dec. 31 I am shuttering Afterburner Decals, so as to not incur 2013 tax liability.

We've had a tremendous amount of fun, and done some really terrific things, and I'd like to extend my sincere heartfelt gratitude to everybody who supported this little endeavor through the years. It means more to me than I can say.

It's been a tough decision, but in the end, it'
s the best course for me. The relationships and friendships that have been built here are the best thing about this.

I think maybe I'll build a model sometime...

I'll send out 1 more mass mail.

Again, thank you all...my very very best wishes for a great holiday season and a happy new year.

-Scott"

Followed about 14 hours later by this:

Quoted Text

"Ok, to clear up some speculation...

A. Closing is NOT tax related, other than I just don't want to deal with including Afterburner on my 2013 takes. It's a huge PITA. It's not because the taxes will be higher, or any political motivation, I just want to have to do it once more in 2012, and that's all. This is just convenience timing, not a statement about taxes. I worded that badly...my bad.

B. It has nothing to do with anything having ever happening or not happening on any model forum. Those that are speculating...are dead wrong.

Feel free to quote this wherever you'd like.

I surely appreciate all the props and the well wishes. The reason we got into this was because of fellow modelers."

In between posts were literally dozens of messages from wellwishers, along with wails of anguish from devaststed Afterburner Decal fans, myself included.

As Rowan said, and in my limited experience, they are some of the finest decals that I have used.

Cheers, D
 _GOTOTOP