_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
HobbyCraft Vampire Jet trainer - Help Needed
RKinsella
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 03:24 PM UTC
Hi Guys

I need help sourcing instructions for this kit!
I know its a no brainer build and a horrid model but I'd like to have a copy anyway..
(Any hobbycraft Vampire instructions will do!)

Please please please can anyone help?

really appreciate any help

Roy
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 04:04 PM UTC
The instructions are pretty wrong and poorly done but I may have them around somewhere.

I did that kit several years ago. The website I published my review on is long gone so I'll have to do this from memory. There's a laundry list of problems this kit has:
1: Wing dihedral is upside down. Sand the roots until they fit with the correct dihedral.
2: Wings are too far back on the fuselage pod. Cut them free and Move them forward by about 3mm, then fill in the gaping holes left over. You need to fill the roots after all that sanding anyway.
3: Tail booms are too short, especially after you move the wing roots forward. Lengthen them by 6mm
4: Tail booms are parallel to the wing chord when they should be raised above it. Cut the boom roots nearly free and bend them up until the bottom of the boom is level with the wing upper surface. Fill in the horrible gaps left over.
5: The canopy is the wrong shape and the cockpit details are pretty much fictional, but that's okay, since you can't see through that horrid canopy anyway.
5: The instructions would have you build the nose gear incorrectly, the cockpit side console pieces are drawn reversed and at least one cockpit part is not shown. You may be better off doing without the instructions
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 09:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The instructions are pretty wrong and poorly done but I may have them around somewhere.

I did that kit several years ago. The website I published my review on is long gone so I'll have to do this from memory. There's a laundry list of problems this kit has:
1: Wing dihedral is upside down. Sand the roots until they fit with the correct dihedral.
2: Wings are too far back on the fuselage pod. Cut them free and Move them forward by about 3mm, then fill in the gaping holes left over. You need to fill the roots after all that sanding anyway.
3: Tail booms are too short, especially after you move the wing roots forward. Lengthen them by 6mm
4: Tail booms are parallel to the wing chord when they should be raised above it. Cut the boom roots nearly free and bend them up until the bottom of the boom is level with the wing upper surface. Fill in the horrible gaps left over.
5: The canopy is the wrong shape and the cockpit details are pretty much fictional, but that's okay, since you can't see through that horrid canopy anyway.
5: The instructions would have you build the nose gear incorrectly, the cockpit side console pieces are drawn reversed and at least one cockpit part is not shown. You may be better off doing without the instructions

...but apart from that the kit is quite good jessie ? ....

paul
 _GOTOTOP