_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
UH-60L Project
Burik
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 09:53 AM UTC
So, I am about to embark on a Blackhawk project. I have the 1/35 Academy kit and two Cobra Co detail sets. I will be getting the Eduard Big Ed set.

What printed sources are the best for research? Any good online articles? I found one on ARC.

I am interested in doing either a landing diorama or a takeoff diorama wth the model at an odd angle. Maybe turning blades? Is that hard to pull off? I never have worked with motors on models. I want to do something that will be more than just it sitting there. Maybe tilted as it lands or takes off. I have googled for photos but have not found anything interesting except a cool photo from the 1st AD after dropping off some soldiers. But I don't want to do ACU. So I am thinking OIF1 with DCUs instead. Or A-stan with the new uniforms.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Bob
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 01:13 PM UTC
It sounds like a great project Bob. I'll be watching. Let me know if you need any advice/help on it. I have built/converted five of the Academy Hawks so far, with a couple more in the stack to get to...eventually.

In my opinion though, turning rotors don't look good on a model. I see it as a picture frozen in time. The turning rotors ruins this illusion for me since they are the only thing in motion. My opinion anyways.
 _GOTOTOP