_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa 1/72 G3M2 Nell
Volksjager13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 15 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 12:33 AM UTC
Just joined the forum and though I might post my first model construction for about 10 odd years. Used to build heaps in my younger days but gave it up for other interests.

Anyhow I have raided the stash and build a couple of bunkies to test some of these new techniques I have been reading about on the forum here and now the time has come for my first real build.

I am tackling a nice 1/72 Hasegawa G3M1 Nell bomber.

So far the fit has been great and I havent gone to great lengths to fancy up the cockpit but did attempt afew new things like seatbelts made from Tamyia tape.

Cockpit and interior is painted, almost ready to join the body up and start on joining the wings

Will keep this thread updated with the progress!

Cheers
Jason
Planenuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 45 posts
AeroScale: 45 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 03:08 PM UTC
Looks like you are off to a good start ! Will look forward to progress on this one.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 03:34 PM UTC
Me too, looking forward to watching this build as well. Russell
Naseby
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
AeroScale: 476 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 06:40 AM UTC
Welcome to the forum Jason and good luck with the Nell. I will watch this one closely.
Volksjager13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 15 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 12:48 PM UTC
Thanks guys!

Progress has been slow as I have been waiting for more tools and things to come in from online purchases. Trouble being out of it for so long is all the new things to buy!

Still I got afew more things done. I managed to get the body together with both wings and tail planes added. The join was perfect and no clean up required other than a simple Xacto over the seam.

I am modeling the aircraft from the box front, which was involved in the sinking of the Repulse and Prince of Wales so the torpedo is a must for this one.

Also got the engine nacelles sorted together and eingine added. Dont know if they need another colour to jazz them up abit

Last but not least I started masking the glazing off, glad I bought masks for this as some of the blister windows have such intricate framework!

Thats it for the moment, working on the landing gear and wheels while waiting for the glazing to dry. More pictures to come!

Cheers
Jason
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 02:45 PM UTC
Hi Jason,

Great start on your Rikko. I look forward to more!
 _GOTOTOP