_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Worst Kit You've Ever Built?
McIvan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Zealand
KitMaker: 64 posts
AeroScale: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 12:40 PM UTC
An AMT/Ertl Ju 88 A4 for me...it's an old Frog mould from memory . I buy these things on Trademe for a song (our ebay equivalent) thinking they'll be fun.....why I imagine this generally escapes me once I open the kit

The parts have real fit issues, the shape is dubious, the cockpit is a bare slab of unfortunately very visible floor, the pilot and co-pilot (I put them in to try and cover some of the space) had to have their shoulders sanded away for the canopy to fit...or, it would fit if it weren't too narrow. I've just about finished it.

It really needed aftermarket stuff, particularly the machineguns which are just blobs of plastic, especially the rear ones, but why spend money on such a dog when you could buy a nice new model much cheaper.

Anyway, it does look something like a Ju88 (if you don't look in the cockpit), and it has a Rumanian decal option that I'll use, but I don't think it will be a favourite. I should probably just junk the really old kits...it's not like I have any shortage of newer ones!
bzak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 264 posts
AeroScale: 87 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 04:48 AM UTC
Howdy,

Not airplane related, but one I'm bulldozing through right now. AER Gaz 67B jeep. Nothing even remotely fits, the instructions are useless and there are areas I'm pretty sure are not on the real thing.

All though, to tie it in to aircraft, a lot of early Eastern Bloc kits have been this way to me.

Brian Riedel
 _GOTOTOP