_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Letov Ś-328v Planet models 1:48
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 04:57 AM UTC
(TRANSLATOR)

Another seaplane, from the 30's,from behind the southern Polish border,from the Czech Republic, or exactly what was then called Czechoslovakia.

Model is made of 100% resin , metal parts and photoetched parts. I do not recommend this model for colleagues, who do not build models with resin. Let me be clear this is a difficult model and I rather do not recommend for novices .
I made many resin models , but I had a considerable trouble with this model. I won't go into the details. But I managed to finish it.
At the beginning of the photo gallery, there's photo workshop.
For my part, I'm curious where did such planes fly. Czechoslovakia didn't have access to the sea and lakes
Photos of two colleagues on the floats

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 05:18 AM UTC
Wikipedia says that 4 were used on floats at a Czech Army gunnery camp on the Montenegro coast for towing targets. There must be a wonderful story about how that camp came to be.
GastonMarty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 12:22 PM UTC
Incredible model that really stands up to anything else, inclusing the Tamiya Swordfish...

Planet Model kits are extremely good resin kits that are refined and, remarkably, not warped at all, even on long fine parts with sharp trailing edges... »They are worth the cost if you can deal with refining the fit.

Gaston

_GOTOTOP