_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Wingnut Wings customer service
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's nice when things go right, and better when they go awry and things turn out for the best. Glad to see that all is well and that the kits finally made it.

Except that MY kits still haven't arrived, so no it hasn't (yet) turned out for the best.

Update to follow soon (am a bit busy and don't have time to explain the details at the moment, suffice to say for now that the farce continues).

I will NOT be ordering anything else from Wingnut Wings until this case is resolved.

Great kits - fourth-rate customer service when something goes awry (if this is indeed the norm)

- Steve
kmmodels
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 05:08 PM UTC
I ordered a kit from WNW in mid dec. when they were closed. Got mine in mid Jan after they returned. Maybe 1 week.. I`m in Texas,USA..so I was pretty suprised got here that quick...
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Any update or anything new to post ? I am saving my penny's to get the pup (rnas version). Hopefully this summer.

My Snipe got here in about 5 days.
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 01:27 PM UTC
So is there a happy ending to this story ?
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 - 12:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So is there a happy ending to this story ?

There is indeed. The replacement kits arrived eventually, roughly 2 weeks after DJ had said that they were on their way, and three months after the originals were posted.

There's still no sign of the originals though. Seems that they have vanished down a black hole. My own theory is that a consignment was stolen while in transit at the Auckland sorting depot, as I know that I'm not the only one who ordered kits from WNW on or around the day I ordered mine which subsequently disappeared. But of course I have no way of verifying this, it's just a supposition on my part.

DJ also included two fabric WNW carrier bags in with the replacements, apparently as a goodwill gesture. Slightly better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick I suppose - but a free Snipe would have gone down far better for all the hassle and inconvenience involved .

Steve
 _GOTOTOP