_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
F-14 Tomact 1/32 Revell
epshifty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 376 posts
AeroScale: 348 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hi all . Well the big cat is nearly done just a few bits left to do like the exhausts , pitot tubes , Aim 9s , and a final matt coat ect ect but im happy with how it looks . Heres a few pics sorry there not very good ill take some better ones when its finnishd

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 04:09 PM UTC
Looking good dave. Do you have anything 1/72 do sit next to it? I wanna see the true humongousness of that cat!
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 04:55 PM UTC
Sweet Cat, lloks awesome. What markings and decals did you use. I too have the revell F-14, so how does it build up.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
epshifty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 376 posts
AeroScale: 348 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 - 11:10 AM UTC
Hi guys .. Well i actually dont have any 1/72 builds to show it against but i have taken some more pics with some tins of paint in he shot i hope this helps i can safely say tho that it is LARGE .. As for the build Joe well its a bit of a challenge there is plenty of filling and sanding to do also some of the moldings are a bit poor mainly the AIM 9 s (well mine were ) the fins were completely missing so i had to buy some aftermarket ones .. One thing i will say is wrap you canopy in cotton wool !! mine has 2 cracks in the windscreen !! but i have to live with it as there are NO aftermarket canopys available for the Cat in this scale ( i know i was surprised too !! ) the main canopy its self was a little misshaped so i had to very very carefully use hot water to soften it so i could reshape it.. Apart from thos few things the rest of the build is quite good .. I chose wolfpack low vis for my colors this was where the real fun began as low vis wolfpack decals in 1/32 are very hard to find , however i did manage to get some from the US but when they came i noticed that they only had the wolfpack insignia and stars none of the no step warnings ect were on the sheet so i had to buy a separate sheet of sowrdsman low vis decals so i could have them .... in the end i used 3 different decal sheets but i got there in the end ... anyway heres a few more pics ... I got the pitot tubes on .. Nearly there now PS Joe .. go and check up on your canopy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 _GOTOTOP