_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
REVIEW
Ibex 1/48 T-6 Texan II
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 12:44 PM UTC
Brian (FHVN4D) has written an In-Box review of the Ibex Texan II for your viewing pleasure and it can be found here.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
minigamer1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 - 06:58 AM UTC
Many agree that the canopies are the weak point of this kit. I don't know why the canopy framing is so off, but have been waiting for someone in the aftermarket to pick up on this. I'm also hoping for photo-etch to detail up the cockpit, as it is wide open when the canopy is left open. Good luck on the build!
fhvn4d
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 - 08:57 AM UTC
I have very little intention of using the kit supplied canopies unless I have absolutely no choice. Part of my fear is that I have never dealt with a vacuum formed piece before. I would much rather put an aftermarket canopy on, because it is such a focal point. I am also trying to think of any other kit that would share a similar canopy design that could be made to work with it
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 - 10:52 AM UTC
Having the very same kit, Ive been tempted to use the kit canopies as the basis for smash-moulding my own replacement. Fill the canopy with plaster of paris, then file down the horrible frame marks once it's dry, put on proper frames with foil, then thermoform a new canopy over the plaster mould. Then after you've got a good canopy finished, you can drill the plaster, glue in pins and bend a solder-wire canopy breaker cord to shape for gluing into the new canopy.
bx19gt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
France
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 - 08:18 PM UTC
Hi
I builded one
I chosed the IAF version. Some pics of my kit

The real challenge on this kit is the instrument panel decals
I passed many times on each panel

The nose required several test fitting and must be sanding to have a smooth surface like the spinner

They are no major difficulty on this kit even for the canopy that I chosed to present open.
MartinWilson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 18 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 01:11 AM UTC
Love it. I really like this model. Got to get me a couple
 _GOTOTOP