_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
J8 and S14 break build
J8kob_F
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 202 posts
AeroScale: 92 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC
I’m a college student and for the last month I’ve been busy studying for my exams and finnaly their done, YES! . After the exam we always have a little break so I was thinking that I would try to reduce my stash a little. For this break build I’m going to build a J8 and a S14.

J8 is the Swedish designation for the Gloster Gladiator which were used by the SWAF between 1937-1947. I’m going to build a J8 at F19 in 1940 which were a voluntary wing deployed in the Winter war in Finland. It will have an Olive green and grey paint scheme with the Finnish Swastika and skis. Here’s a picture of it that I took at the SWAF museum:

For the build I have the Sword kit, Maestro models PE and Pavla resin skis and decals:

The S14 is a f1-156 storch which will also have skis. I will be using the Academy 1/72 kit and Kora resin skis and decals. I will have no other extras so it should be a quick and easy build. Here’s a picture of the original at the SWAF museum and some sprueshots.

The aspiration is to update quite often and hopefully it will be a quick build, yeah right .

See you soon

Jakob
J8kob_F
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 202 posts
AeroScale: 92 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 11:13 AM UTC
I little update. I have added the PE to the cockpit of the Gladiator and also costructed the storch one which took about 50 seconds .
Some pics:

The next step is painting the cockpits

Comments and opinions very welcome

Cheers

Jakob
 _GOTOTOP