_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Modeling the "Inside Combat Rescue" MH-60G..?
Havoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 05:15 AM UTC
Heya, Folks,

I'm and armor guy who likes helos --- especially anything from the Vietnam War --- and I recently got hooked on the NGC series, "Inside Combat Rescue".

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they fly MH-60G Blackhawks on the show. I've got the Academy 48th scale MH-60G... Can you knowledgeable folks tell me what it would potentially take to convert that kit to something close to the Blackhawks/Pavehawks seen on the show.

Is there any aftermarket out there (including decals) to help out? I'm not a big AM guy, but am curious as to what, if anything is available.

Last question: I'm also considering the 35th scale Academy MH-60 Pavehawk kit as well --- is it any good and any better suited to modeling these Air Force Blackhawks? This probably wouldn't happen for a while as I'd like to take a crack at the 48th scale kit I currently in the stash.

Thank you in advance --- any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 11:49 PM UTC
This question comes up somewhat often. Do a search for MH-60G and you will find quite a bit on them.

Short answer, yes, those are MH/HH-60Gs on the show. The Academy 1/48th version, with some upgrades will work fine. Cobra Company has some great update sets for it in both 1/48th and 1/35 as well.
Havoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 - 01:56 PM UTC
Thanks, as always, Gino!

The Cobra Company updates looks great.

Much Appreciated!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP