_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell 1:72 JU-87 B2
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
AeroScale: 190 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 - 11:48 AM UTC
Ola People of the planes

Armor modeler requestion info again. I want to recreate a scene in Africa during ww2. And in my preffered scale it will become too large for the house I live in. So I'm looking around at the smaller scales. Plus I'd like to keep it a bit low in costs.
My eye fell on the Ju-87 B Stuka and I found out that Revell does one at a very decent price. My question is: Is that kit any good detail wise and is it the right kit for the Africa campaign during ww2?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I normally built armor so with the rest of the vehicles in the diorama I know quite well what to purchase. But with aircraft I haven't got the faintest clue.

Looking forward to hear from you guys and gals.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 - 01:05 PM UTC
The B (well, actually R) model Stuka is completely accurate for the desert campaign otherwise they wouldn't have been able to do this

The Revell kit is a re-issue of the Italeri, and is accurate for outline but lacking in interior detail. Cobra Company does a replacement cockpit which solves that minor problem.
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 07:24 AM UTC
@ Jessica
Thanks a lot for confirming that it is the right aircraft for the North Africa campaign. I saw that camo as well and is that a camo job that can be traced back to one specific pilot or were all the aircraft of that squadron painted like that.
In the picture I like to base my dio on the canopy is closed. The canopy is like a greenhouse so I guess even with the canopy closed I guess it still shows a lot of the innards right? That cobra company cockpit looks pretty good. The price is quite decent as well. But still I'm going to check if I can get it here in the netherlands or Europe as I don't look forward to buy that kit from the US with the ridiculous shipping costs they do nowadays.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 07:36 AM UTC
As far as I know the only way to get Cobra Company kits is to order direct
There may be other detail sets available that I'm not aware of.
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hmmmm Not good news. The shipping costs will be nearly as much as the cockpit set. And have not yet been able to locate a cockpit from a different brand which is easier available here in Europe. I think I will break out the good ol' styrene and scratchbuilt some rudimentary details on the cockpit sidewalls. Found a built online from another modeler who did the same on this kit. I can use that as a guide.
ArmouredSprue
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
AeroScale: 116 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 - 09:31 PM UTC
just using your post!

What would be the best Stuka in 1/72 nowadays?
I love this snake scheme btw!
Cheers
p40f20
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 02:20 AM UTC
The red parts of the snake are not accurate. Those areas should just be the camoflage showing through.
 _GOTOTOP