_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Half price masks for eduard Spitfire IX.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 07:14 PM UTC
Following Santa-Luc's build of the new 1/48 Eduard Spitfire IX made me feel that I wanted to do something to promote this kit so I plan on offering a set of masks to Kitmaker NetWork members at half price!

The set will be as per markings of the aircraft that Sant-Luc is building from the kit. I hope to include the nose art as well and the Polish checker board (but probably not the "POLAND" script). With these markings a set would cost £13.75 so I am offering them to Kitmaker NetWork members at £6.85 + postage.

They won't be available until I have the kit and can draw and test cut the nose art, so it might be a while, but no one else builds as fast as Santa-Luc

For me to gauge interest in this can you say that you are interested in a reply. If there is no, or little interest I won't be able to do this as I have plenty of other projects on the go; so if you are interested let me know. (By replying to this topic) But other replies (of encouragement etc) are also welcome)
masersrus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 11:42 PM UTC
Hi mal
So you can keep accout of the numbers Count me in
Paul. B owden
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 11:52 PM UTC
Hi Mal
Add me to the list.
surgeon01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 99 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 03:31 AM UTC
Hi Mal,
you can count me in.

greetings ro
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 06:03 PM UTC
OK guys, cool, 2 more requests and we're on
FredrikA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uppsala, Sweden
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 90 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi Mal,
I'm also interested in a set of masks.

Fredrik A
surgeon01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 05:36 AM UTC
Hi Mal,
this sounds good, hopefully there are some more who will join!

greetings ro
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 05:48 PM UTC
I have had another request via email and have asked the guy to post here as this is a promotion for Kitmaker members so posting here proves that you are one I am sure that by the time I get the kit and can actually get around to drawing up the masks there will be enough takers so we are on, and if there are no more takers then you guys will get them anyway
FredrikA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uppsala, Sweden
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 90 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 03:12 AM UTC
Great news Mal!

Will you contact us here when that time comes or how do we move forward from here?

Happy greetings
Fredrik

surgeon01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 03:29 AM UTC
Cool, I'm looking forward to the masks.

greetings ro
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 05:04 AM UTC
Hi Mal
I have the kit on order,please post when you are ready to ship masks.
JAMAIR
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 07:18 AM UTC
Hi Mal:
I finally got myself registered so that I can confirm my interest in buying a set of these masks from you at Telford next November.
Allan
SHarjacek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
AeroScale: 263 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 08:46 AM UTC
I'll take a set.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 09:14 AM UTC
Hi Mal,

I hope you didn't forgot to put me on the list...

Jean-Luc
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 07:06 PM UTC
Great news guys, thanks.

@Allen

Quoted Text

I finally got myself registered so that I can confirm my interest in buying a set of these masks from you at Telford next November.

No problem, but can you remind me nearer the time?

@Fredrik

Quoted Text

Will you contact us here when that time comes or how do we move forward from here?

Yes I will announce it here, or open another thread

@Santa-Luc

Quoted Text

I hope you didn't forgot to put me on the list...

Are you building the kit again, do you want different markings? No problem you are on the list

I will be buying the kit from the new model shop that is opening in Truro T7Models which is now opening in May, so I'm not sure when I can get the kit. I will let you know when I do and as to the progress of the masks; the main markings, roundels and fin flash are already on file, the codes won't take long and the serials a bit longer, depending on their style. The nose art work will take some time and, because the lady riding the bomb will have to be a multi-part mask, I will need to write instructions for it. However I will get them done as soon as I can, in between commission orders which I am behind on.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 09:01 PM UTC
Hi Mal,

Quoted Text

Are you building the kit again, do you want different markings? No problem you are on the list

Yes, I will start a second one for Tamiya Mag France. It will be in the Closterman markings and will feature all the Brassin and PE items Eduard have produced for the kit. I will make good use of the masks if they are ready in time (end may I'd say).

Jean-Luc
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 - 07:08 PM UTC
Hi Santa-Luc,
Are Closterman's markings in the kit? Sorry I haven't fully read your review as I didn't need to I was going to buy this kit anyway Can you send me a scan? If so there shouldn't be any problems getting them to you soonest

Just so that everyone knows the half price set is just for the "Pat" markings. Yes Santa-Luc is a special case he doesn't have to pay for masks anyway (Santa-Luc I know that you are not asking for these for free but it is the deal that I have with you, whether you know it or not. I have great pleasure in showing off your builds in the magazines to punters at shows, and they give me great publicity
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 06:09 PM UTC
Although I haven't got the kit yet (I will be picking mine up tonight ) I have almost completed the "Pat" markings. I need to write the instructions for the "Pat" mask and test cut for the "POLAND" script under the Polish checker board, but everything else is done. I will be putting all the instructions on DVD, or possibly on line, as there will be 11 A4 sides of them! I also want to do some proper packaging; which I'm struggling with at the moment Anyway they should be ready to ship sometime next week so can everyone that has asked for a set please:-

email me at [email protected] Telling me that you want a set and include your KitMaker user name, I will then send you an order form.

Santa-Luc, I have your address and I will crack on with the Closterman markings when I have the kit
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 06:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Santa-Luc, I have your address and I will crack on with the Closterman markings when I have the kit

Hi Mal,

That's great. I have already started the second model for Tamiya Mag France but I'm currently struggling to fit the CMK engine details sets to the kit. So there is some time until I get to the painting stage.

Jean-Luc
surgeon01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Berlin, Germany
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 07:52 PM UTC
Hi Mal,
this is great news, send you an email.
greetings ro
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 - 06:36 PM UTC
I have the kit

I will reply to emails soonest and send out order forms

Yesterday I did the graphics for the "Pat" instructions and I need to make a couple of tweaks to the masks. Because I want to package these mask correctly, as a trial, I also need to re-write the specific instructions for the codes and serials so that the graphics are for those in the set. I also have instructions for the Polish checker board to do. The "POLAND" script under the checker board is just too small to be able to produce a mask so you will need to use the decal for that; I suspect most will use the "Pat" decal, rather than the mask, cowards!

@Santa-Luc

Quoted Text

Hi Mal,

That's great. I have already started the second model for Tamiya Mag France but I'm currently struggling to fit the CMK engine details sets to the kit. So there is some time until I get to the painting stage.

Jean-Luc

Cool but it shouldn't take long for me to draw the shield, codes and serial number, which I plan on doing today; or at least over the week end and I will post them on Tuesday as its a bank holiday.

I will offer the Closterman markings at half price as well so if you prefer those then say so when you return your order form

I would expect to see all these Spitfires in the Model of The month over the next few months
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 - 07:40 PM UTC
These are about ready, I just have to do the instructions for the Polish checkerboard. However I have run out of some of the toner on my laser printer so I can't print off the packaging cover and I will have to do that before these can ship. The stuff is expensive and I am trying to find it at a reasonable price so bare with me I always planned on putting the instructions on a DVD to save on toner but it looks like the printer new that and didn't like it!

Just so that you are aware, in case you hadn't figured it out I need to send the masks to you in the proper packaging so that when you post about your Spitfire build you can post pictures of the masks and the package that they came in Then I can choose all the good comments and save them up for my web site (if that ever happens!)

I will resolve the packaging issue and get the masks off as soon as possible, Holdfast guys
 _GOTOTOP