_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Hasegawa 1:16 Sopwith F.1 Camel
Torchy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
AeroScale: 475 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 - 05:42 PM UTC
Hi guys ,what do we know about this?????
http://www.modelzone.co.uk/hasegawa-1-16-sopwith-camel-f-1.html

looks interesting
Andy
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 - 05:48 PM UTC
Greetings Andy,

The Hasegawa 1:16 Sopwith Camel F.1 is a relatively new release. Based on their 1:8 scale version it was debuted in this year's Toy Fair. So far I have only seen drawings and Modelzone is taking preorders only.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 04:22 AM UTC
Will be interesting to see how it looks and fares at roughly double the price and size of a WNW kit. Tempted as I am I think I'd probably plump for two WNW's personally. BUT... who knows till we see some real images just what we are getting?

K
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 08:27 AM UTC
'Kit features : Cowling parts with silver metal plating process' Would that by any chance that nasty chrome plate that we usually find on toy cars?

Either way like EVERY Hasegawa kit, its not even close to being outside my price range!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi there

My first thought was, with all the fresh work that must have gone into this kit - Hasegawa couldn't also be planning a 1:32 Camel, could they?... Oh, please!!!

All the best

Rowan
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 08:58 AM UTC
Hi again

The kit is due for release late July:

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/news/14185

All the best

Rowan
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:29 AM UTC
Here are some build up images.

This is the translation from their website.

Quoted Text

1:16'S scale model car. A completely new mold

Sopwith Camel F.1

15540 Yen (unit: JPY 14800)

6/15/2013 (6 / 12 Delivery)

Precision models of museum quality. Reproduction in all plastic kits! A precise model is actually exhibited in the Museum of structures and functions Easy to assemble as a plastic Kit reproduces the quality. The atmosphere in parts of six color color, without paint finish.

-Accurate representation of the unique 1/16 scale.
Feather upholstered State (seat). Structural model But how the actual Very familiar Engine, Machine gun, Cockpit, fuel tank etc. Faithfully reproduced inside the
Vertical tail rudder section Feather upholstered status can be selected, yoke, foot pedals and each wing part works just like the original, (* Fixed status also available) Aileron Rudder, Elevator. Interlocking diagram

Decals included:
"Blue, white, and Red" ladder of British nationality display, instrument panel,
Parts-color Brown (2 species), ivory, dark grey, clear, silver plated Prelubricated.

Other (details):
With helpful diagrams and yarns (tentative), figure painting, color, rubber tires, tension lines, wires, etc

About the "camel"
Carmel is a typical air-cooled engine fighter of Britain in World War 1. Number of production boasts outstanding maneuverability, speed, rising power, including each type 5,490 aircraft said.

Sopwith aviation is responsible for developing, F.1 type 9B kureruje 9B 130 BHP engine with in 1917 was born. Actual base is wooden frames with fabric covering, engine around, leg braces and frames such as fin and rudder's metal. Plywood-sheathed and were around the cockpit. As the other feather (featured) materials structure model kits reproduce the unit.

_GOTOTOP