_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today): USA
Modern aircraft of the United States.
Motor Pool gets Air Support
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
AeroScale: 287 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2003 - 07:20 AM UTC
For those of you who have vistied my actual motor pool, you know that it is located on a former Army airfield. Well, today we get some visitors. A pair of MH-60L (or K) Black Hawks and a pair of AH-6 Little Birds were playing on our runway. The spec ops guys were training with the state police doing some convoy intercept training using the helicopters and paint balls. It was quite interesting to watch. They wouldn't let us take photos, but they let us get into the control tower to watch them do their runs.

I've got a lot of respect for the gunners on the Little Bird outboard seats. It looks like a lot of fun. Helicopters were the very dark drab, almost looked black and the "US Army" was done in green.
kkeefe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2003 - 07:26 AM UTC
Ahhh... Moore Army Airfield. Bet ya that it feels good to have some rotars stirring it up again.

Back in its (and my) heyday, I flew in the OH-13 (yes, I am that old), OH-58 and the UH-1H from that field.

RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2003 - 12:35 PM UTC
SABOT,
AHH YES !!! THOSE BOYS FROM the 160th really know how to have all the fun.,
They're from HUNTER ARMY AIRFIELD , and Cambell KY, there are 5 BN's. I know some members too. I am working on a set of 1/48 HELOS from their unit. Cant wait till I'm done.
Jaster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2003 - 04:02 PM UTC
Sabot;

Sounds VERY interesting! It is a different world we live in now...SpecOps guys training with State Police.

I envy your access to all the COOL stuff! And appreciate the tremendous info you bring to the Site!

_GOTOTOP