Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Macchi C.200 AS Tropical Type
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 06:46 AM UTC
So, I've recently been bitten by the 1/144 scale bug, and I've been looking at purchasing the Sweet 1/144 Macchi C.200 AS Tropical Type for a change of pace. Now I contacted Sweet about this particular kit, and they told me that it does not include an interior or a pilot figure. So, I have a couple of questions. First, does anyone make a "general" fighter cockpit that might work for this kit? Second, I'm going to assume that there are no 1/144 scale Italian pilot figures, so would a USAAF, RAF, or Luftwaffe pilot figure be closer to what the Regia Aeronautica Italiana wore in North Africa?

Thanks,
Jim
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 07:53 AM UTC
If you're including a pilot, the only interior pieces you'll want would be a seat and an instrument panel. The cockpit opening is so small that any other work you do would be pretty much invisible. At 1/144 scale, I doubt it matters which pilot you use given that the colours you paint him in would be more visible than the shape of his uniform. Besides which, all that's going to be visible are his head and shoulders anyway...
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 01:37 PM UTC
Good point, Jessica. Now I'll just have to track down some pilots.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP