Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Bf.109 G-6/AS
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 11:51 AM UTC
Hi there. This is one of my veeery long projects. Not that it was too hard and needed a lot of research and painstaking craftsmanship but because I am lazy. First photo dates back to 2008. I wanted to do one of the RLM 76 all over birds that used by Nightfighter swashbucklers. But as I made a little research I realised that day fighters used them too sometimes like Walther Ösau, so I searched myself a bird I Like to replicate and setled with Unterofizier Horst Petzschler's Black 14. But the problem was that it was a G-6 AS which is most basicly put(not going to the expert airospace engineer's eye) a G-10 with G-6 wings and a tail wheel. So after finishing the Hobbyboss G-10 in a similar light gray scheme I used the spare wing that Hobbyboss supplies in the box, which is a standard G series wing with small bulges, and a Revell G-10 body which I stashed in buckets(dreadful kits in some areas but you don't have an alternative in a budget) and decided to create a ReveBoss monster.

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:01 PM UTC
I fited the wing with some butchery, interestingly it fited rather good on the sides considering it belonged to a different comepany but didn't need much putty except the underside...And it sat and wait on my desk for 4 years. Last year I decided to finish it how ever. But again it waited thanks to my laziness. 2 weeks ago when I was prepareing something for the 25th Istanbul Aviation Museum Plastic Aircraft Modeling contest it finally recieved the attention it deserved.

There are some speculations on Black 14 wheather it has yellow on the chin and underwings and so on so forth but it seems Petzschler himself accounted on there was. Since there is only one black and white photo of it(that I know of but I am no expert) I decided to go with the colourful option.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:06 PM UTC
Since both Revell and Hobbyboss come with singlecast canopy I decided to cut it , I like my planes with open cockpits. Masked the yellows, wheelwells, windbraker and the cockpit and sprayed it with Model Master RLM 76

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:11 PM UTC
Decals came from a complation of Academy, Revell and Italeri kits supported with Tally Ho numbers and swasticas...to be honest Tally Ho tends to do some silvering if you don't drench them in a lot of chemicals, complete junky...

JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:19 PM UTC
After so much time of course I lost the part of the canopy that opens:] Following a nerve breaking search around my study , thanks to my Messerschmitt assembly line I found 4 of them in my 109 box (See last photo above). Since Revell gave the pilot's upper rear armour attached to the fuselage and HB not even bothering to give at all I hand crafted it coppying from the Academy one using polystyrene sheet and clear sprue ID plate.

While trying to supress the obvious and well expected silvering from numbers I overdid the acetone and wiped the 4 a little so I did what I had to do from the start and masked the part I blundered and painted it.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:24 PM UTC
There all new. Next stop; emphasize the panel lines, soil the ones around the engine compartment, adding some oil leak and all time favorite the exhaust smoke:

Oh and hlfway through painting I decided that it is looking too static and sawed off the wingl elevators.

Painted armour plate.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:28 PM UTC
Anthenna mast and some further dirt and soot...

Canopy assembly and my most dreaded part, the anthenna wire. I used some headphone cable wires and tied it around the mast and tail fin then some CA...voila!

And some for the canopy holder.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:33 PM UTC
Second round the vertical wire and it is done. Added the prop too and weeeheeee!!! One more happy Gustaw on the way....Oh damn! I forgot the JG-3 shield...oh well I will add it when I have one:P Afterall it is not visible on the photo either...

Hmm I think I forgot to mention. I added the radio hatch which Revell kindly decided not to add in the rear wall of the cockpit...neeeext?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:09 PM UTC
Neeeeeext, you know what to do. After all, we haven't had our obligatory German entry yet this month
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Neeeeeext, you know what to do. After all, we haven't had out obligatory German entry yet this month

HAHAHAHAHAH. The month is young yet madam. I have another Würger with a bratwurst under it on my desk waiting for the decals. I may drench the competition to me on May eheheh...

+It would not be nice to submit a competition entry after posting it openly to the forum. Everyone will know it is me and I have many many friends:P
 _GOTOTOP