_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
KotS III GB 2013 Sopwith Camel
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 07:41 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

With my first entry for the GB nearing the end, I wanted to start another build. I wanted to start with something smaller, but not necessarily easier and simpler. The idea came across when I found the long derelict bits of old Revell's Camel in 1:72. Well, I wanted to salvage the plastic, but then I decided to make it more complicated for me, and possibly more interesting for you to follow. Why not strip it down to the barest detail? Those familiar with the type will notice that the parts necessary to build the Camel in this scale can all fit on one medium sized palm. This seemed encouraging enough... I will post images soon, but since the build was approved by our master-at-large aka JackFlash, I decided to start the build log... wish me luck!

PS. Do I have to mention that I have no clue about the type? However, some interesting aftermarket parts are on their way to me. Another reason to have this Camel project is a wonderfully detailed resin engine, that will soon land in my local post office for review. In terms of reference, I am sure that the Windsock Datafile will suffice for the task of dressing it up.

All the best,
Entoni
 _GOTOTOP