_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Airfix 1/48 B.57G Canberra
canberrasig
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 11:59 PM UTC
Hi All This is my first post. I'll start with a bit of background to the build. I am the leader of the IPMS UK Canberra SIG, this year is the 60th anniversary of the Martin B.57 Canberra so for our display this year at Telford we will be concentrating on the Canberra's American sister. Anyway enough waffle, The model is a combination of the Airfix B.57G and the Classic Airframes B.57B, Why? it's a long story but a full build can be found here https://ipmscanberrasig.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8621422-1-48-airfix-classic-airframes-13-bs-b-57g-
Thanks for looking I hope you like her!

Thanks, John
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 01:43 AM UTC
Very nice John, and welcome to the Kitmaker network.

I may have to pick your brains sometime as I also have the Airfix kit which I intend to build as a RB-57, I also have the PR.9.
canberrasig
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 03:32 AM UTC
Thanks Luciano, Which RB.57 are you building? A,B,C,orE? if it's the E from the kit take a look at my build, I used the Classic Airframes kit as the base but a lot of what I did will apply. https://ipmscanberrasig.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4900820-rb-57e-patricia-lynn-canberra- Have a good look around the site as I have a lot of reference on the PR.9 as well as much more Canberra info.

John
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 04:33 AM UTC
John I'll be building the E variant for which I have a AM set of decals and found some photos of the exact aircraft online, but I'll take a look at your build. Thanks
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 01:36 PM UTC
John, Outstanding build. Your camo paint scheme is museum quality perfect. Heading on over to your build thread.

Tried to open up your build thread link, but it doesn't work. Same for the other link you listed. Are they password protected?
Joel
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 04:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tried to open up your build thread link, but it doesn't work. Same for the other link you listed. Are they password protected?

There was an extra http:// in the URL. Try this one: http://ipmscanberrasig.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8621422-1-48-airfix-classic-airframes-13-bs-b-57g-

canberrasig
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 07:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

John, Outstanding build. Your camo paint scheme is museum quality perfect. Heading on over to your build thread.

Joel

Thank you Joe, and sorry about the link! it looks like Jessica has very kindly sorted it out for me thank you! I hope you find the build of interest if you have any questions please get in touch.

John
canberrasig
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 07:28 PM UTC
Since I last posted I've added some figures to the aircraft, it's my first attempt at figure painting, I'm quite pleased with the result, but I don't think I'll be doing it on a regular basses.

John
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Since I last posted I've added some figures to the aircraft, it's my first attempt at figure painting, I'm quite pleased with the result, but I don't think I'll be doing it on a regular basses.

John

Very well done, also the figures.

But the figures also put in question how "open" the open canopy actually is. I gues that no-one can wurm himslef in the second seat

canberrasig
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

John

Very well done, also the figures.

But the figures also put in question how "open" the open canopy actually is. I gues that no-one can wurm himslef in the second seat

It's a little known fact that B.57G WSO's were all recruited from national limbo champions before going to Vietnam no seriously, you're right I've been meaning to correct that and I now have, thanks for the nudge!

John
 _GOTOTOP