_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Coming back to aircraft
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 02:25 AM UTC
Just thought I'd introduce myself to the Aeroscale community. About three years ago I came back to the military plastic modeling hobby after more then a 30 year hiatus. I did a few aircraft kits, but then gravitated to Armor as my main interest. For the last few years it's been my only interest. But the aircraft bug has gotten a hold of me, and I'm once again into building 1/48 scale aircraft.

I do plan to continue to build a armor kit or two per year, but my main focus will be aircraft. I'm starting off with just OOB builds, looking to build the best model I can, before adding AM parts.

For my current project I've just started Tamiya's 1/48 scale Douglas F4U-1A Corsair. I've previously built Tamiya's F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair, & have their F4U-1D in my very small stash.

Right now I'm just starting the Cockpit, and will be painting it Interior Green using a mix of Tamiya XF-4 Flat Yellow & Tamiya XF-5 Flat Green 1:1. I do prefer to use Tamiya Acrylics when possible, as the full range is carried by my local hobby shop.

Joel
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 02:37 AM UTC
Welcome back to Wingy-Thingy central Joel, looking forward to seeing your work!

Cheers, D
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 04:10 AM UTC
Damian, thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to posting my work.
Joel
 _GOTOTOP