Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard early Spitfire IXc coming soon?
nimbus109
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 04:10 AM UTC
I see that Eduard is packaging its Spit IX in early c, late c and e wing versions in their Royal Class version. Any scuttlebutt on when they will release the early c version? Not too interested in building three versions as in the Royal Class packaging, but I have a lot of decals for the early version. Thanks.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 04:28 AM UTC
IIRC, they said that it would come out later on this year, likely in the early Autumn.
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 04:57 AM UTC
Eduard have decided to have three complete sets of wings for early, late and e wings rather than have inserts for the cannon blisters as do other kit makers. The Royal kit actually has two Spitfires, not three, but a choice of three different wings.

However there is a solution for you as Eduard are selling the oversprues for the early wing and e wing. Overtrees is the name they give to just the plastic parts. They will only be available for a short period.

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plastic-kits/Other/Aircraft/1-48/Spitfire-Mk-IXc-early-version-1-48.html?cur=1&force_sid=7d70331fe0129b6e5defb080409851ef

NB. The proper kit contains a PE set for the instrument panel, seat belts, armour plate, leavers etc for the cockpit and a few other bits and pieces. If you buy the overtrees there is a plastic instrument panel but no plastic substitute parts for the items on the PE set. So, unless you are heavily into scratch building I suggest you buy the PE as well, which can be purchased separately. You need this set:

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Spitfire-Mk-IXc-early-version-PE-set-1-48.html?cur=1&listtype=search&searchparam=Spitfire%20ix%20pe

You can also buy the stencil decal set separately if you would like to have those but, at the moment, you cannot buy the canopy masks separately.

The September release is a Duo Combo with 38 options and other goodies. If you want it you must preorder it before 30th June.
nimbus109
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 06:41 AM UTC
Thanks Antoni...very helpful. Since they are not included, are their kit instructions on their website via a pdf?
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 08:14 AM UTC
All their instruction sheets are available to download. You need to bring up the page which describes the product. There you will find an Adobe icon and next to it a number which you need to click. Sometimes there are English and Czech versions. I put the link for the Royal kit instruction sheet in my earlier post 'Eduards Royal Spitfires'.
 _GOTOTOP