Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Further questions re Stuka 1 48
McKeever
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 246 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 - 03:05 AM UTC
So I am nearing completion on this. I had some questions which relate to relative lack of experience in modelling airplanes (I generally do panzers).
I am using the Eduard set, and have removed the molded on aerilons. My concerns are:

the eduard pieces are two dimensional. Is this correct or were the more rounded? If the latter, what alternatives are there?

Also, based on a prior attempt a few years ago, is there anything that can be done to make these more rugged and durale so they don't fall if you look at them crosswise?

I intend to stud these appendage on the rear of the fuselage but I do not think one can do that with these.

Thanks.
stooge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 210 posts
AeroScale: 210 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 10:33 PM UTC
Having looked a bucket load of stuka pics over the last week I cannot figure your question. Any chance of a pic of your model with the part to you are querying ID'd?

The flaps and ailerons on the stuka and many other Junkers designs (refer Ju 52/3) were almost separate flying surfaces suspended below and behind the wings. In the example of the stuka it was all control surfaces from the fuselage tothe wing tip that were treated this way. Junkers did this to improve low speed handling. They were not the dive brakes on the stuka but they did operate in conjunction with the dive brakes.

As you have noted a delicate detail to model.

This cut away drawing does illustrate and label the parts well.

linkname
 _GOTOTOP