_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Copters 'N Choppers Campaign?
PantherF
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 01:47 AM UTC
Hey guys! I am trying to start a Campaign over at Armorama that some of you might be interested in!

Copters 'N Choppers Campaign

No start date has been selected (need some input) and duration is up to you guys but it's pretty simple. Aircraft with rotary blades.

Please join us!

~ Jeff
JClapp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,265 posts
AeroScale: 1,715 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:31 AM UTC
I have several helicopter projects on the short list, I would definately join a Choppers campaign for early 2014.

noddy927
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
AeroScale: 200 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:41 AM UTC
Jeff T you must know me by now any campaign an I am in. But I have a few on the go so early 2014 would be good.

Pete
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 02:53 AM UTC
I am always interested in a helicopter campaign.

Question is what such campaign would be doing on armorama.

Kitmaker has been split up (for good reasons) into seperate communities armorama for AFV, shipbuilder for anything floating, aeroscale for anything flying.

Distorting that principle does not sound like a very good idea to me. Whij do you not start a chopper campaign on aeroscale? Or would it seem appropriate that Aeroscale launches a campain dedicated to the Sherman tank?

Ok, all this sounds a bit negative but before enlisting, I would like to hear the views of some staff on this matter.

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 04:52 AM UTC
We have run a few articles on helicopters on Armorama, usually because they are fielded by the army. However I have no concerns were it is hosted from and I do see you point.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We have run a few articles on helicopters on Armorama, usually because they are fielded by the army. However I have no concerns were it is hosted from and I do see you point.

The important thing is that we have anew helicopter campaign coming up for early 2014. I am in!

But I do hope that the campaign will be on aerospace, I feel that this is the natural place for it.
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 07:24 AM UTC
I for one feel that this idea would be better suited over on Aeroscale as the premise of the campaign is any helicopter not just those fielded by the army and as Drabslab said you wouldn't have Aeroscale starting a Sherman Campaign. Helicopters Campaigns are few and far between so I would be nice to see one hosted somewhere.

Alternatively make it a 'kitmaker University' Campaign so it crosses over all areas of the network.
Removed by original poster on 07/09/13 - 21:14:21 (GMT).
PantherF
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 03:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...and as Drabslab said you wouldn't have Aeroscale starting a Sherman Campaign.

Why not? Variety is the spice of life!

You should try it.

I think Ill give up this idea mainly because of too many negative ideas and comments. I don't normally run at the first sign of trouble but this is supposed to be for fun and it's not a job. If you guys don't want to post your work at the origin of the idea then fine.

~ Jeff
Removed by original poster on 07/11/13 - 18:43:13 (GMT).
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

...and as Drabslab said you wouldn't have Aeroscale starting a Sherman Campaign.

Why not? Variety is the spice of life!

You should try it.

I think Ill give up this idea mainly because of too many negative ideas and comments. I don't normally run at the first sign of trouble but this is supposed to be for fun and it's not a job. If you guys don't want to post your work at the origin of the idea then fine.

~ Jeff

If I would like to start a Sherman campaign then I would follow the structure of the kitmaker site and suggest it on armorama even when on a daily basis and because of my airplane addiction I am a aeroscale regular.

Further, I haven't seen any reaction refusing to take part because of the origin of the idea. In fact, several people already stated they would like to take part, and few have suggested to make it a university campaign spanning both armorama and aeroscale.

But hey, if you don't feel like it anymore, that's fine. As you point out very correctly.. it is not a job

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 06:58 AM UTC
I have a better idea which would seem to meet everyones needs. How about Aeroscale members build the Air Force and civilian chopers and Armorama members build Army machines. The campaigns could run at the same time and come together at the end? It would mean posting links to each campaign once in a while but it could be fun.
 _GOTOTOP