Hosted by Rowan Baylis
PT-17 Kaydet
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 01:01 AM UTC
I thought I posted about this one but couldn't find it, so I assume I haven't...Ok this one started as a new year's present for my girlfriend but ended up...now... It is the rebox ol 60's Revell 1/72 kit. It is an increadably worn out and wasteing kit but seems you don't have any other choise for the bird...so I have one more to be built as a civilian version sometime:] It has no cockpit detail at all, most of the interwing stuff is not there and the clear parts are a mystery on it's own. You need two kits to end up with a decent one. First goes for practices:P Decals are near perfect though.

Cheers...
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 01:30 AM UTC
Yalym, Nice job on the PT-17, especially considering it's a kit from the '60s. Wing brace wiring really looks good. I'm amazed that the decals are still useable, yet they look painted on.
Joel

vdejarnette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
AeroScale: 138 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 02:06 AM UTC
Great work, I've seen the rebox on sale at a few websites and will probably pick one up eventually.

Joel he said it was a rebox so the decals are probably not from the 60's.
sweaver
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 759 posts
AeroScale: 184 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 02:13 AM UTC
Nice work. Love that plane...too bad there are no good kits of it.

You did a nice job with that sow's ear though.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 - 07:52 AM UTC
Thank you gentlmen. Yes it is the rebox and decals are thing and nice. With the aid of a little bit Micro Sol they menage to fit like paint. The original paint and decal scheme on the 60's box, if I am not mistaken, was an Army version, which I would be delighted to do. The kit is not that bad if this much of detail is sufficient for you and if you know which parts of the molds are worn then it is nice to watch when it is done. By the way honestly I only did 3/4rd of the wireing. I am planing to do the inner wings and the doubles of the outer ones(which I passed with single wires) in the next one which has started to itch my eye already:] And with this price I will definately buy more...
 _GOTOTOP