_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
F15-A Help wanted
techie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 124 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 06:24 AM UTC
Hi was wondering if anyone has any tips or hints to solve my problem. I have a couple of 1:48 Tamiya F15-A Eagles and the decals have stuck to the instruction sheet. Is it possible to use these and if so how would I get them off the instructions?
If not what decals can I use to replace them with,ie would F15-C/D decals be ok to use? I usually build armour but you know what they say about change. Hope someone can help been all over the net to try and get answers. Alfie
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 06:46 AM UTC
Alfie unless any one else knows of a way I think your decals are lost.

A very quick search on Hannants for F-15A brings up 14 results for AM decals here I'm sure if you look you'll find loads more.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 07:36 AM UTC
Only solution: aftermarket decals.

There are plenty of options availoabel. Just make sure that you have selected and received the decals beofre airbrushing the plane. The colours used for the plane usually go together with the decals.
techie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 07:46 AM UTC
Ok they are as I said F15-A. Upto what "mark" can I put on them Eg F15C/D? What , Id have no problems with armour ,thats what I usually build. Alfie
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok they are as I said F15-A. Upto what "mark" can I put on them Eg F15C/D? What , Id have no problems with armour ,thats what I usually build. Alfie

You can only use those for an F-15A on a F-15A

If you think armour it's like putting markings for a Panzer IVH on a Panzer IVB, they will fit but would be wrong, unless you didn't care and just wanted a F-15 no matter what markings or version.

F-15B / D are two seaters
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 02:09 PM UTC
Alfie,

Stuck decals!? My sympathy - so annoying!

Try this: use a mister to wet the instruction sheet paper the decals are stuck to from the other side. That should allow the decals to loose their grip on the paper without soaking them off their decals backing paper. Gently peel them off and let them dry.

I have dealt with dozens of decals over the years. Formulas for film and adhesive change, sometimes within the run of a kit. Most of the time when I spilled water on decals, even if they floated, they would dry back down and be usable again.
techie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 10:55 PM UTC
Thanks for that I'll give it a try,got nothing to loose. Just make sure I've taken my nerve tonic first LOL Alfie
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 01:56 AM UTC
Alfie,

AFAIK there are very few external differences between the F-15A and F-15C, the paint job may be the only way to tell (and even that was often the same). There may be some instrument panel changes, but that should be about it for what you can actually see. It depends on what you're comfortable with.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP