_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Microsculpt - email questions
ianclasper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 227 posts
AeroScale: 76 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 07:27 AM UTC
Microsculpt - No response to email questions

I asked a couple of questions via their website regarding their Fokker Camouflage decals and got no replay.

I see that their website is OLD (2008) and understand that these decals have been available for some time although the Fokker decals appear to be a future project on the website !

Is he still in business ? I would love to try out both the linen textured decals and the Fokker Camo, but am reluctant to blindly order.

Thanks

Ian Clasper
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 219 posts
AeroScale: 136 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 09:52 AM UTC
I can't help you with the website problems, but there are plenty of ways to make your own decals. I believe Shep Payne covered some of it in a few of his books, as well as there are a plethora of places that do lozenge camouflage. Check a recent issue of FSM (Fine Scale Modeler); there should be someone in the ad section at the rear of the magazine.
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 09:54 AM UTC
I could also probably find a few RGB codes so you can produce a large scale color decal on decal paper and cut out your own lozenges.

Send me a picture of the model you're doing and the color indicated and I'll find the closest RGB codes for you. Use your paint program to make your decals; you can edit your colors in the paint program....
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 10:40 AM UTC
I put a call in to Tom and left a message.
ianclasper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 11:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I put a call in to Tom and left a message.

Stephen: Thanks, I had a feeling that you had other means of contact !

James: Good idea, but I was not looking for the lozenge camouflage. I have in the past done as you say for another project in the days of the ALPS printer, however this requires considerable effort to get good results. These decals, on the other hand are excellent at a reasonable price.

Ian
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 03:45 PM UTC
OK, Ian.... it was just a thought...
ianclasper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 09:34 AM UTC
I never did get a reply, however I did locate a couple of sheets on evilbay and now I can progress with my Dr-1.

The same retailer also had the lozenge decal sheets for sale, so now might be the time to get them in-case they are never produced again.

Ian
 _GOTOTOP