Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Boeing B-29 Supefortress progress shots
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
Here is my latest project, the Academy/Minicraft Boeing B-29 Superfortress in 1/72 scale. Thought I would share some progress shots. It has been sitting in its box for more than a year, I just put the final coat of aluminum on it and attached the stabilizers and wings to the fuselage. Boy oh boy, on a large model with aluminum paint, every flaw sure does show doesn't it!! LOL I had problems with the bomb bays doors but finally managed to get them installed.

Does anyone know if the wheel wells on the nose and main gear are aluminum or interior green? I have gotten sources which say both? Just curious. Enjoy looking. Russell

stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 03:57 PM UTC
The door are per airframe, so I would look for the specifics in reference photos. Otherwise looks nice.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 04:34 PM UTC
Just for fun, here's a thread which will open your eyes and maybe provide an answer to your wheel well question.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 04:42 AM UTC
Russell, looking real good. You're a braver man then I for even attempting a NMF on a plane that big. Are you planning on doing some of the panels a few slightly different shades to break up the mono tone appearance??

Looking forward to your next update. Sure hope is way less then a year from now.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP