_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
A new addition to my modeling area
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 10:00 AM UTC
Finally, finally, I have found a method of storing my model paint jars!! I was in Office Depot, a home/office supply store, and found this neat little six drawer storage unit.
I immediately pounced on it and took it home with me. It was less than 30 dollars!
I bought some anti skid material and lined each of the drawers with it, then went to work putting paint in.
The first drawer I filled with American colors, the next drawer with a mixture of colors from Vallejo. I then moved on to the third drawer and filled it with German colors, then next Japanese and finally British colors. I even have one drawer left empty. It is quite satisfying to finally find a good way to store my paint in a relatively small space. Russell

GhostHawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cordoba, Argentina
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 10:54 AM UTC
Hi,

Really cool...!!!

Enjoy and BTW...

Diego
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 01:00 PM UTC
And in 3 weeks, the paints will be in a jumble around the base of the drawers, most of which will be hanging open and empty...
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
AeroScale: 209 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 02:33 PM UTC
Hey Russell

Its a great Rack for paint.

I've been using one for about a year now.. though I took one layer off of mine so I can roll it under my desk when I'm not using it..

Recently I found the most wonderful thing out about this rack.. the wheels are just inserted into plastic holders on the bottom and one of my wheels broke off the other day.. ( I got it full of paint and its a bit heavy).. thought I'd have to buy another one..

got to looking and found out that every layer in the rack is made the same.. so I changed the bottom layer with one of the middle layers and had all 4 wheels back again..

later
Delbert
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 09:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And in 3 weeks, the paints will be in a jumble around the base of the drawers, most of which will be hanging open and empty...

Hi Jessie

So I guess your modelling den must look pretty much like mine! I try to keep it tidy - I really do - but it always ends up looking like a disaster area...

All the best

Rowan
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 03:27 AM UTC
i found these small filing cabinets in ikea,all metal, they come flat packed and you make them up in about 10 mins. the drawers are tall enough to let vallejo bottles stand upright.

paul
 _GOTOTOP