_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Replacement canopy for Trumpy Sea Fury
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 399 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:05 AM UTC
I was working on my 1/48 Trumpy Sea Fury that I purchased from SBros a while back and noticed that the left side of the canopy is crazed. I sanded all the way to 12000 and used Future but it's still VERY visible. I'm waiting for a response from SB to see if they can do something. My other alternative is to purchase a replacement vac formed one from Squadron but it lists the canopy as being for the Hobbycraft kit. Would anyone know if it will fit the Trumpeter kit?
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:53 AM UTC
Hi Ernie,

Try here:
The "OFFICIAL PARTS YARD" website !

You can seek missing parts and, of course, donate parts and kits. Great guy to work with, too.
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 01:53 PM UTC
Fred

Thanks for the link but my Eset Antivirus is blocking that site due to potentially harmful something or other.
Mcleod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,028 posts
AeroScale: 939 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 03:14 PM UTC
Fred, you should really be sending Trumpeter an email. Every manufacturer that I've dealt with for replacement of faulty parts, has been very helpful and replaced the parts at their cost. These have included Minicraft and Williams Bros.
plastickjunkie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 12:54 AM UTC
Ben

I tried to contact Trumpeter directly but the site keeps kicking me to the home page. I contacted Stevens International who is the supplier for North America and the lady says it takes 3 months to get the canopy. I need it pronto for a show next month so I will have to go with the Squadron product even if it doesn't fit right. I can use the kit windscreen and the vac canopy in the open position.
 _GOTOTOP