_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Warning to all potential buyers
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 219 posts
AeroScale: 136 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 05:29 AM UTC
Do not buy from a seller on eBay by the name of gmscustoms. This seller does not contact buyers if there is a problem.

I ordered a 1/32 Revell Hawk T.1 three days ago, and I got a message from eBay and him saying he went on vacation, and that he would process orders after the 16th of the month. I was paying for expedited shipping, and now would have to wait until the 21st or later before he ships it.

Just be warned - sellers like this should be kicked out of eBay...
ubisuck
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 461 posts
AeroScale: 85 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 05:44 AM UTC
Good to know, thx for the warning.
vdejarnette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
AeroScale: 138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 07:39 AM UTC
Have you tried dealing with him directly about this? It is very likely the seller would be willing to reimburse the cost of the expedited shipping over whatever the normal shipping cost is. I'm pretty sure I have dealt with that seller before and had no problems.
wychdoctor92394
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 219 posts
AeroScale: 136 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 11:01 AM UTC
It's not a matter of getting my money back because the kit was damaged. I paid for a kit which was to be shipped today, and he (the seller) announced that he was going on vacation and would process orders after the 16th of the month.

There was no warning or e-message in eBay prior to today.

If he had messaged me before today and told me he was going on vacation and that he would process my order on the 16th, then I would not have had a problem. He didn't and left me in the lurch...
 _GOTOTOP