_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Help with references for PZL P. 11c
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 07:55 AM UTC
One of the models I perchased at the IPMS UK Scale Modelworld show was the Mirage Hobby PZL P. 11c. I will be finishing this in the markings of the aircraft that claimed the first aircraft kill on the Allied side. As this will, probably, be the only model that I build of this aircraft and therfore I will not buy any books on the subject. I was wondering if any of you had, or know, where I can find any info on this Aircraft. Thanks in advance :-)
Mal
KiwiDave
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 09:48 AM UTC
Want do you want to know Mal?

I have a magazine article with colour three view and the history of the P-11 series.

Regards Dave
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 10:33 AM UTC
Hi Mal

I bought this when it first came out... and almost finished it! It's a nice kit - but that was back in my bad old days of not finishing things!!

I did a fair bit of internet trawling for refs - I don't have all the links, but I can send you plenty of pics.

A great overview of the kit is http://www.kitreview.com/kitreviews/pzlp11creviewrd_1.htm

and a reference site I wish I HAD found then is http://elarger.chez.tiscali.fr/ukpzlp11.htm.

One thing to watch out for in the kit is the etched instrument panel - it's simply too big... no matter how much sanding and scraping you do...

All the best

Rowan
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 312 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 10:18 PM UTC

Hi Mal ,

Try this link , this is a Polish site , if you want to translate some more info just give me a sign :
http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/lotnicze/dokumentacja/galerie/p-11/index.html , I hope it help a lot. (++)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2003 - 07:46 AM UTC
Dave

Quoted Text

Want do you want to know Mal?

Anything and everything :-) 3 colour view would be great

Rowan

Quoted Text

I did a fair bit of internet trawling for refs - I don't have all the links, but I can send you plenty of pics.

Plenty of pics would be a real bonus :-)

TOMCAT14

Quoted Text

Try this link , this is a Polish site

Excellant site, some wonderful pics. Not looked at them all yet, but they have answered alot of my questions, so far. I have no Polish aircraft in my collection, yet. I must remedy that, my uncle was Polish. I want to build this kit sooner rather than later :-)

Thanks everyone for you imput, it's been a great help. It has saved me alot of time and effort, which I can ill afford at the moment.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP