_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Spitfire Mk.Vc No. 352 RAF Sq.
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 05:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Congrats on making it to Brazil. I*ve seen footage of the *small* party you guys were having there on German morning television..LOL...That*s the first time i ever saw two football journalists singing and jumping with the rest of the squad

Well, we're wierd in many ways, but the footbal is one if not the only bright side of our reality. Congrats to you as well!!

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 07:51 AM UTC
...and finally some photos. It looks rather dramatic with the six holes per wing, but it will soon turn into something radically different.I riveted the fuselage, and dressed the top side with a layer of primer. Undersides are waiting for some extra work, but so far it proceeds as planned...

All the best,
Entoni
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 08:45 AM UTC
Entoni, Looking good. I'm really impressed with your riveting. Exactly how do you get though results.
Joel
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 06:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Entoni, Looking good. I'm really impressed with your riveting. Exactly how do you get though results.
Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks for stopping by! The essential thing to any good job is a set of tools. I am using Radu's mini Rivet-R, which is very effective once you get used to it. If I only had more patience, the ideal approach is to draw your rivet grit with a soft graphite pencil, than support and guide your riveter with a piece of a strong edge tape, like Dymo or any other type (I use 3M tape), and slowly rivet the plane. I lack patience, and therefore I sometimes skip the first step, and rivet freehand - which sometimes yields a mediocre result, like presented here

All the best,
Entoni
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 07:58 AM UTC
Hi,

There was no significant updates in this log because I waited some aftermarket parts in order to proceed with the build. As I mentioned earlier, I ordered only gun barrels and the exhausts. The barrels are attached with miliput and sanded... now I can slowly proceed.

All the best,
Entoni
GhostHawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cordoba, Argentina
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hello,

Really nice Job...!!!!

Like Always...!

Thanks...

Diego
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 11:18 AM UTC
Entoni, Wow!! I'm really impressed with how the cannon and gun barrels in brass look.
Joel
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 08:20 AM UTC
Hi Entoni

I haven't commented until now, but this is a truly fantastic build! You don't get a chance to post your work often, but my goodness, when you do it's really something special!

All the best

Rowan
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 09:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You don't get a chance to post your work often

Rowan, thx for your comments... and, yes, you got the point I don't have much time recently, but this build proceeds slowly. Hope it will turn out nicely

All the best,
Entoni
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 01:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I lack patience, and therefore I sometimes skip the first step, and rivet freehand - which sometimes yields a mediocre result, like presented here

Entoni,

No such luck, your the riveting job is terrific!
I only made feable attemps at riveting and the results have been disapointing after a coat of paint Lol. I don't blame the tool, rather my skills at it. Seeing this made me think i have either a long road ahead to master this, or a quick return to panel lines only

Cheers
Pedro
Naseby
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
AeroScale: 476 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 08:28 AM UTC
Another great build Entoni. I like Your dedication to details, even those which can not be seen after the fuselage is closed.
Totalize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 743 posts
AeroScale: 151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 04:37 PM UTC
Entoni,

A really nice build you have here. Great details on this spitfire. Excellent!

David.
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:11 PM UTC
Hi,

I'd like to thank everyone for nice comments and encouragement. I am proceeding with the build at lower gear, but I manage to work on it from time to time. Last night, however, I made slight omission and forgot to spray the cocpit color atop of the canopy... Now I am stuck with the primer coat that can be seen from inside It's a minor mistake, but it is surely noticeable... that much said about my attention to detail I am far more observant in places that usually cannot be seen.

Will post some photos soon, when time permits

All the best,
Entoni
 _GOTOTOP