_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Plastic UB-16/32 from Eduard in 1/48?
mykman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 59 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 06:19 AM UTC
Hi all !

I have recently bought the mig-21mf kit from eduard and i have noticed that the srue E contains some unused parts. The ineresting thing on this those parts looks pretty much the same as UB16 and UB32 rocket launcher bodies.Just the front parts are missings. part numbers are : e22 e15 e26 e11. So is there a front Part in any eduard kit? All the mig 21 kits doesn't have, so if anyone have any information about it it is gonna be a great help!

cheers
Karoly
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 06:34 AM UTC
Probably parts F 5 and F 12 ... might be some mold release problem and thus omitted.

all the best

Steffen
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 09:43 AM UTC
Funny, I've never noticed that before! I had to dig out that MF kit and check it out.
Parts F5 and F12 look like they are supposed to go between the launcher body halves, just before the tapered rear "funnels". F5 and F12 would prevent a see-through effect and provide plastic to which attach the launchers' PE rear parts.

The other half of each launcher also has a tab in the front - most likely to align the front part. Steffen, your omission theory sounds quite plausible. The choice to omit the plastic launcher fronts (if they were planning that to begin with) must have occurred early enough in the process, as there doesn't seem to be empty spots on the sprues. But then, if they omitted the fronts, why include the bodies and back plates since they made full-resin launchers anyway?
mykman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 59 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:57 PM UTC
I am even not noticed the f5,f12 parts. Thanks for that !
My therory is that when they cancelled the idea plastic UB launcher that sprue tool was done already. But who knows.
GhostHawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cordoba, Argentina
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:32 AM UTC
Hello,

They put a resin rocket lounchers in the profi-pack edition... I was the first Brassin item of the resin range...

Diego
 _GOTOTOP