_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
BeDeviler First coat of paint applied
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 05:34 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

This is the BeDeviler with the first coat of paint applied, I had ran into some trouble whilst applying the Gunze enemal paints, they are just aweful to spray. I had encountered the same sort of problem whilst doing the SKyraider. in any case, here is the picture, lots of follow up paint/correction needed

generalzod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 06:41 AM UTC
Lookin great so far Lord Davey But why did you have to paint an evil wingy thingy on top of a tank model box? That is sacralige I knee you #:-) (++)
thebear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 07:43 AM UTC
Looks great so far ...I love that worn look of a patched up paint job...What kind of problems are you having with the Gunze paint?? I love the stuff I thin it with either Tamiya's thinner or with rubbing alcohol....I always thin my paint to the extreme 80% thinner to 20%paint but always get great results. Keep up the super work and keep the pictures coming!!

Rick
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 08:08 AM UTC
good one dave. How come you are having trouble spraying the paint?
andy007
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
AeroScale: 74 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lookin great so far Lord Davey But why did you have to paint an evil wingy thingy on top of a tank model box?

I gotta agree with ya Chad,(I sometimes spray my Tanks on aircraft boxes) but hey thats not a crime.
Dave, is looking pretty good please can you tell us what problems you had.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hi Dave

That's looking really good... but i'd love to know a bit more about your painting problems. I've only used Gunze's acrylics, and they're superb...

All the best

Rowan
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 01:45 PM UTC
Dave, as always great work. I have to admit I kinda liked the shiney black it was before you painted and was expecting the Black Bunny Playboy paint scheme #:-) but this is still cool. Keep us posted and do tell us your paint troubles please .
jrnelson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 01:59 PM UTC
Lord SS -

Trouble with the paints... say it isn't so.... lol It looks pretty darn good to me - wherever those pesky paints gave you trouble, it sure doesn't show!!!

I like the looks of the plane so far..... Atlantic Fleet Squadron? Nice Aircraft Build SS, showing your true talents........ :-)

Nelson
Pnzr-Cmdr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 02:15 PM UTC
i like the look of this.. but it looks nothing like the beautiful tankdestroyer box it's sitting on.. did you get the wrong kit in the box? i'm confused.
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 08:32 PM UTC
Surely looking great (though i liked the tricky black playboy version), i will follow your postings on these
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 01:20 AM UTC
Lord Dave, Looking good so far, I agree with Witchking, some of the 'scrubby' look that Tomcats have would add a certain something. The panel shading has come out well, though I want to see how you resolve the tailfin problem, how about some close-ups to 'diagnose' what's wrong? Likewise, I am no fan of the Tomcat although a 'BombCat' loaded for bear is something worth seeing.... JIm

Major Goose, the 'black' finish was undercoating. Maybe I should post some pics of my M3a1 so you can suggest some Playboy bunnies for the auxiliary fuel tanks....
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 01:51 AM UTC
well Dave i was going to compliment you on the wonderful paint and shading job on this Cat. Looks pretty good from the pics. If you say it going to get better. I believe ya but you got your work cut out for yourself on that one.
Looks pretty impressive the way it sits now

Paul
Tanks46
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 06:22 AM UTC
Davidus Very nice Tomcat. Although as you know I only collect diecast of modern aircraft your efforts continue to impressme. I still shake my head in admiration on the amount of detail in that cockpit! I am sure that the level of quality shown on your previous aircraft will come through on this one. I cannot comment on your air brush and/or Gunze problems, but I am sure wit the amount of expertise on this site our mates can give you ample suggestions. Excellent work. (++)

Quoted Text

The act of dying is one of the acts of life. Marcus Aurelius

Butch Cassidy Tanks46
DSB (++)
Pig#3 Head Armorer
sgtreef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:30 AM UTC
That is kicking Lord Dave keep us informed of the BeDeviler.
So are turning into an Aircraft Junkie!! (++) (:-)
 _GOTOTOP