_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Runway sections for aircraft display
vicmeister
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 02:52 AM UTC
As I indicated earlier - I am starting the assembly of a rather large number of 1/144 post-war military aircraft (US and Russian). For the most part these will be displayed as parking on runways. Question - is there a typical size of the concrete squares the runway is divided into? Thanks
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 03:31 AM UTC
You can try here: tarmac sections. They are 1/72, but if you reduce them, they should work for 1/144.

Jim
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 04:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As I indicated earlier - I am starting the assembly of a rather large number of 1/144 post-war military aircraft (US and Russian). For the most part these will be displayed as parking on runways. Question - is there a typical size of the concrete squares the runway is divided into? Thanks

In Belgium, all military airports that I visited use a standard 3 meter by 6 meter concrete plate. I saw the same on some airfields in Germany and France.

The Soviet union had a different approach using hexagonal or octagonal concrete slabs.

In modern times many runways are asphalt without any seam

Berwickboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 450 posts
AeroScale: 387 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 11:18 AM UTC
You can buy pre-printed sections in 1/144 made by Noy's Minatures through Hannants You should be able to get them in the states
 _GOTOTOP