_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Dragon BF110D/E Nachtjäger : question
Killian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 30 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the Dragon 1/32 scale BF110D/E Nachtjäger kit ? It seems one can build a "D" or an "E" version of this kit, but can it actually also be built as a "C" ? I believe the kit was reviewed here on Aeroscale when it came out, so perhaps the reviewer knows ? ...
Sorry for the somewhat weird question, but I'm looking for the best value for the 100+ euros that I would spend

Thank you
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 08:09 PM UTC
Hi there

I think the basic answer is "yes". Cross-checking the sprue-shots between my reviews, you've got the smaller mainwheels and tailwheel you'll need for a Bf 110C. As always, I'd recommend getting a copy of John Vasco's book "Messerschmitt Bf 110C, D and E - An Illustrated Study", because that highlights a few smaller possible changes depending on which mark Bf 110C you're intending to model.

All the best

Rowan
Killian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 30 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2013 - 05:18 AM UTC
Thanks for your reply ! OK that's what I needed to know, the Dragon 1/32 BF110D/E Nachtjäger has been ordered - it's a so-called "2 in 1" kit but as a C version is possible then it's rather a "3 in 1" kit ; so I guess this one offers the best value for money of the Dragon 1/32 BF110's.

I do have the other book by John Vasco, the one which shows the evolution from A to G versions, with colour profiles by Fernando Estanislau.
 _GOTOTOP