_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
WoW campaign corsair before decals
andy007
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
AeroScale: 74 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 04:14 PM UTC
Hi guys,
Sorry its been a while but finally here are some pics of my hasegawa F4U-4 corsair.
I have started daclling so there should be some more pics with in the couple of days.
The paint job may look a bit dodgy because this was my first model ever painted by Airbrush.

All comments and critics welcome
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 04:16 PM UTC
Looking good Anzac. Although I am not a big fan of any fly thing WW II. but corsair always be a favourite.

now if you want to have some fun, do a jet.
WeWillHold
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
AeroScale: 82 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 11:55 PM UTC
Lord Kiwi aka "Da T Bolt Dude"

How did the new airbrush handle for you? It is good to see you trying a variety of subjects over the last six months. Keep it up.

Steve
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 08:54 AM UTC
Looking really good Anzac. For a first time with an airbrush the paint job looks pretty good from here. The real question is can you se a difference with airbrush.
One thing I do have a question on though is the Wheel Wells. They look like they are the same color as the outside color of the plane. Aren't they suppose to be the same color as the interior of the cockpit??(interior green).
Looks great all the same can wait to see more of your work with the airbrush Keep Going!!!

Paul
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 10:12 AM UTC
good one mate. Nice to see you have that AB working now.

I agree too that the wheelwells are normally interior color not exterior color. :-)-><
Tanks46
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hi Andy! Looks like good progress on your Corsair - one of my favorites and waiting to be built(in 1/72nd of course Brialler scale!) but one I need for my collection! Ditto on the color for the wheel wells. On US Aircraft WW2 usually a light green, light blue or a OD green (:-)

Quoted Text

War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen: I say let us give them all they want! Gen W. T. Sherman

Butch Cassidy Tanks46
DSB (++)
Pig#3 Head Armorer
andy007
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 02:46 PM UTC
hi guys,
I too thought the same about the wheel wells but the instructions said paint them the exterior colour. So thats what i did.
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 05:49 PM UTC
Nice paint job there. I was reading some build reviews of corsairs over on Modelling Madness and they also said that wheel wells were sprayed the underside colour in many cases.
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 09:14 PM UTC
ok I got a Bug in my bonnet on this. So I dug my in progress Corsair out and started looking.
Now keeping in mind that I have Tamiya's F4U-1A and not The -4 that you have Andy. That could be a differance there.
In the ASSEMBLY intructions it says the wheel wells are the interior green. Where as the Paint diagram on the back says the the Underside color is painted the same color. The differeance being. That in the decal/paint diagram the wheel wells are closed. So the well covers are the same as the underside color.
Now I am not saying you are wrong. You could be 100% correct for the version you are doing.
I just wanted to say thanks for scaring the Bejesus out of me thinking I got mine wrong and I would have to go back and correct it.
Bottom line is the Bird is looking GREAT and like I said before keep going can't wait to see her dressed in here Squadron Markings..

Paul
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 09:20 PM UTC
Andy, good job, Can't wait to see her in Korean war colors. Best check references interior green may be the way to go. Other ways good work look forward to seeing it soon. STUG
andy007
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just wanted to say thanks for scaring the Bejesus out of me thinking I got mine wrong and I would have to go back and correct it.

My pleasure Paul #:-)
I have looked at all my refrence sources (not many)and can't anything I think i may just leave it blue?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hi Andy

Part 2 of D&S for the F4U has a few colour photos of post-war machines that definitely show blue u/c and wheels... as for the wheel-wells...?

The text says the u/c was usually steel colour, but was often overpainted with the underside colour.

Anyway, nice job! Remember to keep a nice glossy finish for the decals to snuggle down on.

All the best

Rowan
andy007
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 02:09 PM UTC
Thanks for that Rowan, Just to be safe i will leave the U/C colour on the wheel wells
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:49 PM UTC
You have done very well my friend , this plane is a figure that i like a lot and sometime must decide to leave the tracks behind and do some wingy thingy !!! Wait to see it decalled
 _GOTOTOP