Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Finished Arado Ar 234P-1
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 06:47 AM UTC
Here are the pictures of the Arado that was built from the 1/72 scale Dragon kit.

Matrixone
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 07:02 AM UTC
Good grief Les, that camouflage is awesome, to say the least. Good airbrush control. Russell
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 07:38 AM UTC
Seriously how did you do that!? I couldn't approach it in 1/48. What's your tip diameter for that?
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 08:59 AM UTC
Thanks Russell and Richard!

Richard,
I use the same airbrush for painting small 1/144 scale models all the way up to the large backdrop seen in these pictures. That airbrush is the simple low cost Iwata Revolution BR, I would not worry about the nozzle size too much because the needle taper has as much to do with how the airbrush sprays as the nozzle size which in the case of the BR is 3.50.
I use enamel paints and these seem to work better for spraying fine lines and very small mottles than acrylics do (I know some will say different but its just been my experiences with using acrylics).
I have seven airbrushes and some of them are expensive detail airbrushes but they are now my backups after I found out by chance just how well the BR performs, the BR can spray model paints just as well as the expensive airbrushes can but the reason I prefer using it is the EASE of use.

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP