Hosted by Rowan Baylis
I./JG 80 He 162 now finished.
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 09:14 AM UTC
This is the 1/32 scale He 162 built O.O.B. from the Revell kit.
Paints used were Model Master enamels shot through my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush, the backdrop used in these pictures was also airbrushed with the BR.

This He 162 is marked as one of the Heinkels assigned to I./JG 80, the unusual mottled camouflage pattern was field applied by JG 80 ground crew, otherwise it had the standard camouflage pattern/colors for a Junkers built He 162.

Matrixone
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 09:20 AM UTC
I really like the splotching, mottling you did with what I gather is RLM 76 on the engine nacelle and sides of the fuselage. It looks great Les, and brings out the darker colors, highlighting them so much more than otherwise would be the case. A first rate build. Russell
raypalmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,151 posts
AeroScale: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 10:00 AM UTC
Little touches are nice too. Gelb 24 over a grey smudge where the ground crew covered over a previous marking. The off-colour aileron (borrowed from a dead bird?) And the build up of grayish stains on the horizontal stabilizer's leading edge.

Beautiful work. Really gives the feel of an aircraft hurried into front line use but doesn't look like a model hurried on to the shelf at all.
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 10:27 AM UTC
Thanks guys!

As you can tell I love to paint.

More pictures...

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP