_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
1/48 OEZ Soviet MiG-21 SMT
vivkulan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hello,
I picked up this OEZ kit for real cheap in a model show swap meet and wanted to build it as an SMT varaiant.I build it in camo used by SMTs in Afghanistan. For this, I had to remove the existing spine and paste the provided SMT spine. This was quite a challenge as the fit was horrible and also the same goes to the rudder.So lots of putty and standing. The decals were another horror story. But I managed to complete it atlast this weekend. Any comments , criticisms welcome.The pilot figure is CMK warsaw pact pilot.

Regards
Vivek
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 - 01:59 PM UTC
You did a pretty nice job on that MiG. I bought one of those OEZ MiG-21s on Ebay years ago, and yes, it was sort of chunky and clunky. I just bought it for the weapons load. I compared it to the Academy Fishbed; the parts were definitely not interchangeable!
vivkulan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 02:21 AM UTC
Thanks philips
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2014 - 04:42 AM UTC
Vivek,
Certainly a super build of a very difficult kit, and add on top of that the conversion effort, makes this a job well done. Congrats are certainly in order.

The only issue I see is the small amount of over spray with your camo scheme. Out of the 3 builds you presented to us, this one isn't up to the same level of standards of the other two. The bright green just makes it that much more noticeable.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP