_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Upgrading Dragon's AH-6J "Killer Egg"
WarWheels
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:56 AM UTC
I just got my grubby paws on one of the 1/35 Dragon AH-6J kits and I want to trick it out as a GUNSHIP. My problem is that I don't know of much in way of products available to do. I do know that Cobra Co. has got the set for the MELB and that Black Ops is coming out with one too. However, I'm not sure if those would ALSO be useable for upgrading my Egg. I also know of the Black Ops' Hydra Pods.

Question 1: Would getting one of the MELB sets be of any use to me, especially for the cockpit details?

Question 2: Any other products out there that would go nice with the Dragon kit?

Thanks.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:37 AM UTC
The CC MH-6J MELB set, as you said, will get you some upgraded interior parts, but most are not used on the AH-6J Gunship version.

CMK has an interior, exterior, and engine set for the basic OH-6. I believe Eduard has some PE for them as well. You can also replace the M134 miniguns withe either Live Resin ones, or w/replacement metal barrels. Werner's Wings has some Nightstalker decals for them as well.
WarWheels
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 07:25 AM UTC
Thanks Gino.

So, I could actually use the OH-6A "Loach" CMK detail sets for the AH-6J? I would have thought that they would not have the correct interior bits...
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 11:24 AM UTC
Some of the common interior bits (seats, control levers, pedels, etc.) may be usable. The IP and some other bits are AH-specific though.
 _GOTOTOP