_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Iraqi Uprising Bf. 110
Bushioka
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 107 posts
AeroScale: 105 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 02:56 PM UTC
I should really stop coming up with ideas for projects before I finish the first one, but I have another plane I want to do at some point. However I've never built a Messerchmitt Bf. 110 before and thought maybe someone with experience could recommend a kit? I'd prefer to work with either 1/48 or 1/72 scale if at all possible.

Additionally I want to build one with these Iraqi Uprising markings: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/318/19/0#1 , but I haven't found any decals yet. Any suggestions there?
Shanghaied
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 189 posts
AeroScale: 82 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 04:45 PM UTC
Hi Martyn

The Dragon (Cyberhobby) 1/48 kit of the BF-110D has exactly this markings.
It is a very nice kit, just a bit fiddly sometimes.
Built it myself some time ago

Greetings from Shanghai.
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 09:32 PM UTC
Hi there,

I believe to have an old decal sheet containing this specific 110, at least it has the sharkmouth with iraqui markings. Aeromaster if I'm not mistaken.
Let me check and if the sheet is still in good condition I can send it to you by mail
Bushioka
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 107 posts
AeroScale: 105 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there,

I believe to have an old decal sheet containing this specific 110, at least it has the sharkmouth with iraqui markings. Aeromaster if I'm not mistaken.
Let me check and if the sheet is still in good condition I can send it to you by mail

That would be fantastic - do you remember what scale those decals were?

Thanks for the tip, Tom, I'll also keep an eye out for that kit while I'm still in Japan. Though it's also equally possible I might find a different 110D kit here at a second-hand store which would likely be cheaper. And greetings from the middle of Hyogo prefecture!
Shanghaied
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 189 posts
AeroScale: 82 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 02:28 AM UTC
Hi Martin

In case you make a jump over from Japan I can recommend you some Hobby shops here

Greetings from Shanghai
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 04:51 AM UTC
Hello, I did build an Iraqi plane in 1/48 using Superscale decals. SG 76 units were transferred to the Kommando unit. THe painting schemes were varied. From a quick over painting of German markings to a full re-painting 79/65. D's and E's were used with the dinghy compartment added. I can supply you with more info if needed. just pm me.
 _GOTOTOP