_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
How about....?
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 11:13 AM UTC
How about a Gotha G.lV in 1/48 from Eduard? Now that would be nice! (At least to me!)
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:05 PM UTC
D'you mean like this G.V? (also available from AZ Model more recently).
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 03:27 AM UTC
No. I mean a good one!
StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 11:54 AM UTC
I think snowball has a better chance in hell there can be a laundry list of reasons, if you must

Also, do you mean "good" or "easy"? WingNut Wings have theirs in 1/32 and (with all of their re-known engineering, detailed instructions and exact fit) it's still giving me pause... It's a good model, but I'll probably miss out on building anything else for half a year...

Another con of early aviation - real aircraft's faults usually translate down to scale, so I'm not looking towards building an aircraft that destroyed itself more than due to enemy fire.
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 02:53 AM UTC
I prefer 'good' rather than 'easy'. I've been building 1/350 ship models with tons of PE and resin so I'm not afraid of a few hundred parts. After a dozen built ships I decided on something completely different (already done armor). So far I find Eduard both easy and good, especially their Profipacs. I tried Roden but found them neither good nor easy. I've been eyeballing WNW's site and they really look excellent. 1/32 is just a bit big. Maybe some day...
StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:03 PM UTC
Eduard has not really been spoiling Early Aviation fanatics with new subjects as of late - the company also seems quite reluctant to produce new two-seaters, never mind multi-engined bombers...

Eduard also produces their kits in large batch series, until they sell out - I imagine it'd be quite tricky to gauge the demand for something like this...

MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 01:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I prefer 'good' rather than 'easy'. I've been building 1/350 ship models with tons of PE and resin so I'm not afraid of a few hundred parts. After a dozen built ships I decided on something completely different (already done armor). So far I find Eduard both easy and good, especially their Profipacs. I tried Roden but found them neither good nor easy. I've been eyeballing WNW's site and they really look excellent. 1/32 is just a bit big. Maybe some day...

1/32 is really a good size for WWI kits, big enough for good detail but the aircraft were generally smaller then. And those WNW kits are really fantastic, better and easier to build than Eduard, IMHO. You owe it to yourself to give them a try.

Note: I do not work for or represent WNW in any way (but if they want to send me some samples I won't turn 'em down!) Just a very satisfied customer.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP