_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Eduard P/E question
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 03:36 AM UTC
Before I do a search of Eduard's products, because they have a huge inventory, can anyone say if they make separate PE sets for their 'Weekend' series, particularly their WWl planes. If 'yes' I'll do my own search. I'm not that lazy! . I think it would have been more helpful if Eduard had released all their A/C kits in both 'Weekend' as well as 'Profipacks' editions, just to make everyone happy.
PeeJay74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 425 posts
AeroScale: 401 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 04:00 AM UTC
Typically in my experience, yes they do offer both a P/E set and a mask set for the kit seperately.
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 04:27 AM UTC
Thanks!
StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 08:57 AM UTC
There may be availability issue with tracking PE down and also some Profipack PE is not sold separately for Weekend Edition (case in point, Bristol Fighter, for instance). So the short answer - depends

My opinion on Eduard:

Older black box "Profipacks" from late 90's tend to be better than new "Profipack" from mid to late 2000's in terms of Photo-Etch, but visa versa in quality of styrene molding... Older black box "Profipacks" can be had on the cheap on Errhbae (bless you!), sometimes under $20 for some subjects - making those purchases quite attractive even when throwing out plastic... Though one must research each kit as parts included vary in between - it seems to be best of both worlds.

Weekend Edition only gives you 1 x aircraft scheme... WE, plus PE (Eduard or other aftermarket), plus decals gets a little pricey... I find Eduard 2 x aircraft bundles to be the best deals and Weekenders the worst for detailed builds.

Though I really hope the next Eduard production run of Early Aviation subjects takes a line from WingNut Wings example and elevates (and corrects where necessary) - or at least retaining the best of what has been produced in the past 20 years and correcting where necessary. Wishful thinking!
Biggles2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 03:31 AM UTC
So, I have to make a list of Weekend kits I want, then check to see which ones have suitable PE sets available, and choose from that.
 _GOTOTOP